Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Lintz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/21 01:14:45 UTC

Need to redirect to the current page upon a page expire - how??

Hi,
So i have searched the forums regarding overriding
RequestCycle#onRuntimeException(Page page,RuntimeException e) .  It seems we
are completely stuck because there is no way to determine what page threw a
PageExpiredException .

What I want to do is this:

When my SearchPage expires, and the user again clicks a button search, they
are immediately returned to the SearchPage potentially with any request
parameters the user searched on. It seems the only way to get a custom Page
when an PageExpiredException is thrown is to override onRuntimeException and
return the custom page.  Unfortunately the page is null when passed into
onRuntimeException (which makes sense because there is no longer a valid
session).

How can i accomplish this within the framework?  I hope we can avoid a hack
like setting a cookie that represents the current page upon every page
request. (atleast it seems to me there should be a framework solution for
this).

thanks for any ideas

chris

Re: Need to redirect to the current page upon a page expire - how??

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
once a page has expired there is really no way to know what it
was..thats kinda the point of stateful components

eg if you have created your page like this:

setresponsepage(new userdetailspage(user, org));

and you get a page expired error, even if you somehow kept track of
the fact that it was a userdetailspage you still wouldnt know what the
user and org params it was created with...

a compromise is a bookmarkable page mounted with a hybrid url coding strategy

-igor

Posted by Chris Lintz <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.