Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Massie <st...@dmassie.org.uk> on 2003/12/31 01:27:22 UTC

JAAS and roles attribute of logic:present

I am using JAAS to login to the secure areas of my application,
localhost:8080/app/admin with the role admin being required for access.
Using <logic:present roles="admin"> within pages with
localhost:8080/app/admin as the base url works perfectly, but when I try
to use it in any other url localhost:8080/app the principle is null. Is
it possible to manually add the JAAS subject to the HttpSession so that
it can be used with the logic tags?If so by which key must it be added
to the session?

thanks
Daniel
--
Daniel Massie
http://www.dmassie.org.uk

Re: [OT] eclipse and jsp editing

Posted by Nadeem Bitar <na...@izucode.com>.
Netbeans' JSP support is quite good.

Posted by Patrick Scheuerer <ta...@hispeed.ch>.
Todd G. Nist wrote:
> MyEclipse works well.  It dose cost $30.00, but seems well worth it based on
> the features and ease of use and no I am not associated with the company.
> For more information look at:

I'm using MyEclipse as well and I'm really happy with it. I tried several
Eclipse plugins but all of them had some flaws. MyEclipse is the best so far.
If you're willing to spend more than $30.00 you should maybe take a look at
Struts Studio. It comes as a Eclipse plugin or in a standalone version.

Good luck :-)
Patrick

RE: [OT] eclipse and jsp editing

Posted by "Todd G. Nist" <tn...@bellsouth.net>.
MyEclipse works well.  It dose cost $30.00, but seems well worth it based on
the features and ease of use and no I am not associated with the company.
For more information look at:

  http://www.myeclipseide.com

Hope that helps.

Regards,