Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/03/08 06:05:08 UTC

Website?

Dear kudu podling,

http://kudu.incubator.apache.org/

does not work as your domain.  Instead if I go to

http://getkudu.io/

I seem to get your website.  Do you plan to make both URLs work?  In
addition, the incubator logo should be above the fold.

John

Re: Website?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Todd,

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Todd,
>
> It doesn’t matter what other podlings do. We should conform to the
> branding guidelines today.
>
> They are at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#introduction
>

> We should do the right thing, today, and not wait.

Sure, but I don't see anything about displaying Apache logos being required
on that document either. I don't have any specific problem with doing so,
but I don't think it's a requirement based on either the documentation or
the status quo (hence my showing the other podlings)

> Let’s set this as a goal to get done by next month’s report.

We'll absolutely prioritize the website move. I don't think we're set to
report next month, though, right? We've done our initial three, and now I
think we're on the quarterly rotation, unless I misunderstand the podling
reporting schedule.

-Todd

Re: Website?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Re: Website?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Agreed, thanks Todd.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:41 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm responding to my own message as I'm not subscribed to your dev list.
>>

> Oops, adding you on the reply this time.
>

>> It turns out that the logo placement isn't required, so apologies on that.
>> The podling specific branding requirements can be found at:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html  And I agree with Chris,
>> do as the guides say not how other podlings do it.
>

> Right -- I was trying to follow the guides (which didn't mention the logo)
> and then figured I'd look at the other podlings to see if this was a 'de
> facto' policy instead of a 'de jure' policy. I can hear my mom in the back
> of my head saying "if your friends jumped off a bridge, would you???" :)
>

>> If you don't mind, I
>> feel compelled to include a note about your websites in the IPMC's board
>>

> Sure, no problem at all. I also just filed INFRA-11407 to get the process
> kick-started.

Perfect, thanks!

Re: Website?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Website?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I'm responding to my own message as I'm not subscribed to your dev list.

It turns out that the logo placement isn't required, so apologies on that.
The podling specific branding requirements can be found at:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html  And I agree with Chris,
do as the guides say not how other podlings do it.  If you don't mind, I
feel compelled to include a note about your websites in the IPMC's board

You shouldn't need to convert your website into anything to get it hosted
on our infrastructure.  ASF Infra have been trying to work with tools like
Jekyll and a gitpubsub model, so you may want to inquiry with Infra about
enabling those tools.

John