Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/16 13:25:27 UTC

Unwanted licenses in Hop

Dear friends,

The ever wonderful Hans has drawn our attention to the persistence of some
undesired dependencies.  I guess it's normal that after such a long time
you pick up some things left and right.
With the use of mvn license and mvn dependency I've been digging around and
left a trail of that in:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-2182

As you can see things aren't as bad as we might have thought.  I fixed a
few small things straight away and left some recommendations.

We do need to start thinking about external plugin repositories to allow
for alternative licensed plugins to play along with the rest of Hop.  That
way for example a MySQL database JDBC driver could be installed without too
much fuss as long as our users are well aware that it carries a GPL license.

Cheers,
Matt
--
Neo4j Chief Solutions Architect