Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2006/01/11 18:18:55 UTC

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> I'm trying to get the cocoon.jcr block compiling but cannot find a
> jcr-1.1.jar to download from any of the maven repos I know of.
>
> Anybody knows of one? I've found a jcr-1.0.jar at
> http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/jars/ but I don't want to list the Day
> server in our poms.
>
> I also don't know whether that one is publically redistributable and the
> Maven 2 docs suggests downloading it from the official Sun site and
> installing it into each ones local Maven2 repository.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this?

I'm copying this to jackrabbit-dev because I honestly don't have an
answer for this.

--
Stefano.

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
David Nuescheler wrote:

>hi sylvain,
>
>does this help?
>http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/licenses/day-spec-license.htm
>
>if i can do anything else to help, please let me know. it clearly
>is our intention that everybody should be able to redistribute the jcr-1.0.jar

well, I will use your statement in front of a court (maybe in the
future) to argue why we redistributed jcr-1.0.jar ;-)

Although I am not sure if the word "intention" is enough versus the end
of the second para:

"No license is granted hereunder for any other purpose (including, for
example, modifying the Specification, other than to the extent of your
fair use rights, or distributing the Specification to third parties)"

or am I misunderstanding something? Or what is the context of
"distributing the Specification to third parties"?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
David Nuescheler wrote:
> hi sylvain,
>
> does this help?
> http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/licenses/day-spec-license.htm

I found that one, but IANAL and I can't say if this text allows
redistribution with an Apache-licenced product... I guess Roy should be
able to tell us.

> if i can do anything else to help, please let me know. it clearly
> is our intention that everybody should be able to redistribute the jcr-1.0.jar

I know that :-)

Sylvain

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
David Nuescheler wrote:
> Hi,

> As far as I am concerned, I would argue that based on the JCP licensing
> the "Spec-Lead" of a JSR as the owner of the intellectual property is probably
> the most legitimate source to distribute the resulting JAR-File of an API.
> Thoughts?

The problem is not about where we get the API jar from, but the licence
that covers it. I couldn't find it except on the JCP dowload page where
a specific Day/JCP licence is shown.

The whole question is to know if the JCR API is under an
Apache-compatible licence and if we can redistribute it with an Apache
product. I hope so, but couldn't find any formal confirmation of it.

Sylvain

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

This must be a typo because as far as I know, there is only a
jcr-1.0.jar which is the API library for the JCR:

Hope, this helps.

Regards
Felix Meschberger

Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr