Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/11 16:23:37 UTC

[maven] Issue with Core Release

I've released commons and I'm trying to *prepare* the core project for
release.  I'm running into some difficulty though.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Can't release project due to non released dependencies :
    org.apache.myfaces.commons:myfaces-commons:jar:1.1.3-SNAPSHOT
    org.codehaus.mojo:xslt-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT

The biggest issue is the XSLT plugin.  That is a snapshot and its not
a myfaces plugin.  The only solution I can think of is to add it to
the maven project as our own plugin and release it (with a myfaces
group id.)  Then when they finally get around to releasing the plugin
we could switch to the official one.

The second issue is the commons snapshot.   When you prepare the
release, maven wants to create a branch (or tag.)  It switches from a
snapshot to final version on the branch poms and then increments the
snapshot version on the trunk.

The problem is that I don't want to change to a non snapshot version
on the trunk just to create the branch (and then change it back
again.)  I'm pretty sure I didn't do this for the master-pom
dependency when preparing the commons release.

Any insight?

Sean

Re: [maven] Issue with Core Release

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Hehehe I knew Bernd would go crazy at that suggestion. :-)

@Manfred: SNAPSHOT has a special connatation in Maven.  So if you want
to call it alpha or whatever, you can just do that.  But SNAPSHOT
tells Maven to keep checking for a newer version, etc.

I will see if I can find the codehaus mailing list and ask if they
can't release it as alpha.  SIGH ... another mailing list.

Sean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Someone on the maven dev list said they would try and publish an alpha
release for us sometime soon.  So for now I think we should stick with
the plugin until we are closer to the release.

Sean

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.