Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/10/09 06:00:18 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:12:50PM -0000, gstein@apache.org wrote:
> gstein      01/10/08 13:12:50
>
>   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
>   Log:
>   HTTP_IN was attempting to process the PEEK mode. This threw off
>   check_pipeline_flush(), making it think another request was available (when
>   it wasn't). Apache would avoid flushing the prior request and block on
>   reading the next request. (of course, the client wasn't sending the next
>   one, cuz it was still waiting for the results of the first one)

Yup, that sounds right.  =)  Thanks.

PEEK bypasses all of the C-L checks and stuff, so the only thing
HTTP_IN can do is get out of the way.  -- justin

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:00:18PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:12:50PM -0000, gstein@apache.org wrote:
> > gstein      01/10/08 13:12:50
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   HTTP_IN was attempting to process the PEEK mode. This threw off
> >   check_pipeline_flush(), making it think another request was available (when
> >   it wasn't). Apache would avoid flushing the prior request and block on
> >   reading the next request. (of course, the client wasn't sending the next
> >   one, cuz it was still waiting for the results of the first one)
>
> Yup, that sounds right.  =)  Thanks.
>
> PEEK bypasses all of the C-L checks and stuff, so the only thing
> HTTP_IN can do is get out of the way.  -- justin

Well, it is also arguable that PEEK should only talk to the *connection*
filters rather than the full stack. If that were the case, then we could
eliminate the usage of PEEK from HTTP_IN.

But I'm just not sure what the right fix is for PEEK. It would be nice to
not involve the filters, but a second reader of the socket doesn't sound
right either.

sigh

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

httpd

Posted by Arun <ar...@greenwood.co.nz>.
Hi,
      I'm using Apache/Tomcat for the first time. I just wanted to know what
the <virtualhost> and document root are. Can i make my site live using
Apache/Tomcat ?? Is there any good book or site apart from apache.org where
i can learn about these servers ?? Hope to have a early reply

regards
arun