Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Chen <c....@rocketmail.com> on 1998/09/30 16:34:23 UTC

general/3110: Apache restart and httpd hungs

>Number:         3110
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache restart and httpd hungs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:
>Environment:

SunOS 5.5.1 Generic_103640-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
When we feel the site response speed is slow, we restart Apache server. Sometime
the improvement is very little. It seems that some httpd process instances hung
even though they look like healthy, so that the server restart act would not
help too much. What's the possible causes for this ? Does reboot the server
help ? Are there any other solutions other than reboot ?

The error log shows something like "Caught SIGTERM, shutting down" and "child
pid xxxxx exit signal segmentation fault"

Prompt responses are highly appreciated.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

Reboot. But it seems not a good solution, especially in the peek hours.