Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Voegele <ja...@jvoegele.com> on 2010/11/17 16:54:57 UTC

Maven site error with version range

I have a Maven project that declares a dependency on another Maven artifact using an open ended version range, such as this:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.terracotta.toolkit</groupId>
      <artifactId>terracotta-toolkit-1.0</artifactId>
      <version>[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]</version>
    </dependency>

(I know that it is to some degree asking for trouble using such version ranges, but for this particular project we have very good reason for doing so.)

For the most part this works fine, but when trying to generate the project web site with "mvn site", I get the following error when it tries to create the Dependency Management Report:

> [INFO] Generating "Dependency
> Management" report. Downloading:
> http:/XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] FATAL ERROR [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Invalid uri
> 'http://XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom':
> escaped absolute path not valid [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> Invalid uri
> 'http://XXXXXXXXXX/content/groups/public/org/terracotta/toolkit/terracotta-toolkit-1.0/[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]/terracotta-toolkit-1.0-[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,].pom':
> escaped absolute path not valid

As you can see from the message, it tries to construct a URI with the open ended version range specification instead of the resolved version number, which of course fails.

Can anyone tell me if there is a workaround?

Thanks.

--
Jason Voegele
Did you hear that two rabbits escaped from the zoo and so far they have

Re: Maven site error with version range

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-17 16:54, Jason Voegele wrote:
> I have a Maven project that declares a dependency on another Maven artifact using an open ended version range, such as this:
>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.terracotta.toolkit</groupId>
>       <artifactId>terracotta-toolkit-1.0</artifactId>
>       <version>[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,]</version>
>     </dependency>
>
> (I know that it is to some degree asking for trouble using such version ranges, but for this particular project we have very good reason for doing so.)
>
> For the most part this works fine, but when trying to generate the project web site with "mvn site", I get the following error when it tries to create the Dependency Management Report:

That report is created by Maven Project Information Report Plugin. Which
version of that plugin are you using?
2.2 is the latest version.

--
Dennis Lundberg