Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com> on 2009/12/29 00:15:50 UTC

Blank pages in output

Trying to get ofbiz up and running as a new install, though this isn't
my first attempt (in the past, I got farther, but last attempt was a
year ago or more).  Running under Debian 5.0 and Ubuntu 9.10 with
sun-java6-jdk installed from distribution repositories.  Have downloaded
ofbiz 4.0, 9.04, and trunk, unpacking each into their default separate
directories under /opt.

With all three versions I see the same behavior.  When I start them
using ./startofbiz.sh, they go through the verbose startup procedure
without apparent error (nothing in runtime/logs/error.log).

When I connect to localhost:8080, I see nothing.  Blank page.

In runtime/logs/debug.log, there are some entries that read e.g.
"characters(      )" and "Pushing body text '      ' " but with a lot
more spaces between the respective delimiters.

Any ideas or suggestions?  Do I need to be running jdk 1.5 instead?  I
saw conflicting instructions on that subject on the Net.

--
Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Nightmares as well sometimes ;o)

Jacques

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Jacques:

Re: Blank pages in output

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Blank pages in output

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Matt:
Don't feel stupid. It use to work that way. When the ecommerce component
was moved to the specialpurpose directory, "they" changed the mount
point so that you have to type in ecommerce or some other application
name to get things to show up.

I agree that this is not only odd but really not very helpful.
Unfortunately, the focus of recent development has not been towards
making OFBiz more new user friendly. But don't despair - once you get
past all the ugly stuff, the underneath parts are really (still) rather
elegant.

Regards,
Ruth
Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"