Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "P. Asokan" <as...@coolgoose.com> on 2005/03/11 16:21:00 UTC

Posix mutex in apache modue

Hi All,

First I sould not ask this question here. But many of you might have come across this situation here. I have some common files
which are being used in our Apache module and also some other projects. To make my module as Apache MPM worker compliant, I have to
make it thread safe. Can I use POSIX? Is there any other cross platform library?

Regard,
T.Umapathy

Re: Posix mutex in apache modue

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
P. Asokan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First I sould not ask this question here. But many of you might have come across this situation here. I have some common files
> which are being used in our Apache module and also some other projects. To make my module as Apache MPM worker compliant, I have to
> make it thread safe. Can I use POSIX? Is there any other cross platform library?
>
> Regard,
> T.Umapathy

Please don't cross post to the apache-modules and dev@httpd.

APR Has Mutex stuff:
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/group__apr__thread__mutex.html

Since httpd depends on APR, its very easy to use those functions.

You should be able to use POSIX mutexs too.

-Paul