Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 06:13:54 UTC

XMLBeans do not save schema when fed through a Node

Hi All,

This mail has direct connection with the earlier thread :
http://www.nabble.com/Re-Generating-schema-from-the-generated-code-t373732.html

We want to get the schema that was used for code generation, later. But
we are not passing the schema as a file, but as an array of XMLObjects.

If we call

SchemaTypeSystemCompiler.compile(String name, SchemaTypeSystem existingSTS,
        XmlObject[] input, BindingConfig config, SchemaTypeLoader
linkTo, Filer filer, XmlOptions options),

then this will not save the schema for later use, as this method set the
schema folder as null. (see SchemaTypeSystemCompiler:220).

But if we call SchemaTypeSystemCompiler.compile(Parameter), then the
schema folder will be set properly and it will save the schema.

When we generate schema, we do not give a physical file location but
pass an array of XMLObjects which were created using DOM Nodes which
contained schemas.
IMO, this is a small bug in XMLBeans, as it is trivial to just get the
schema from the XMLObject that are being passed to generate the code and
save them. As it does when we pass the file.

What do you all think about this ? We would like to have that so that
our ?wsdl generation will be done without that much of a problem and in
a cleaner way. If you like to see how we are trying to do that, its here
<http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/codegen/src/org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/XMLBeansExtension.java?rev=307058&view=log>.
See the engage() method.
(http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/codegen/src/org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/XMLBeansExtension.java?rev=307058&view=log)

I really appreciate your help on this.