Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/04/13 20:16:42 UTC

Applying patches from Debian?

The Debian and Ubuntu packages of SpamAssassin apply 7 patches.  Should
these be applied to upstream?

Applied in order:

10_change_config_paths - Changes all instances of /etc/mail/spamassassin to /etc/spamassassin.

20_edit_spamc_pod - Changes the man page for spampd from section 1 of man to section 8.

30_edit_README - Removes from README:

   - /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template:

  Distributed default user preferences. Do not modify this, as it is
  overwritten when you upgrade.

50_sa-learn_fix_empty_list_handling - In sa-learn.raw:

  -  @targets = ('-') unless @targets;
  +  @targets = ('-') unless @targets || $opt{folders};

60_fix-pod - Two corrections to pod markup.

70_fix-whatis - Adds some descriptive text to pod docs.

80_fix_man_warnings - Updates two urls (odd patch name).

Patches attached.

--
"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere,
at any time, and with utter recklessness." - Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Applying patches from Debian?

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 4/13/2011 8:16 AM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> The Debian and Ubuntu packages of SpamAssassin apply 7 patches.  Should
> these be applied to upstream?
>
> Applied in order:
>
> 10_change_config_paths - Changes all instances of /etc/mail/spamassassin to /etc/spamassassin.

That is distro specific.

No opinion on the rest.

Warren

Re: Applying patches from Debian?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 4/13/2011 2:16 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> The Debian and Ubuntu packages of SpamAssassin apply 7 patches.  Should
> these be applied to upstream?
Overall pretty trivial changes.  Responses below.

Regards,
KAM
> Applied in order:
>
> 10_change_config_paths - Changes all instances of /etc/mail/spamassassin to /etc/spamassassin.
No on this one for me is an upstream preference
> 20_edit_spamc_pod - Changes the man page for spampd from section 1 of man to section 8.
No on this one for me is an upstream preference.
> 30_edit_README - Removes from README:
>
>     - /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template:
>
>    Distributed default user preferences. Do not modify this, as it is
>    overwritten when you upgrade.
No on this one for me is an upstream preference.
> 50_sa-learn_fix_empty_list_handling - In sa-learn.raw:
>
>    -  @targets = ('-') unless @targets;
>    +  @targets = ('-') unless @targets || $opt{folders};
Looks good if not already handled in trunk.
> 60_fix-pod - Two corrections to pod markup.
Looks good if not already handled in trunk.
> 70_fix-whatis - Adds some descriptive text to pod docs.

Looks good.

> 80_fix_man_warnings - Updates two urls (odd patch name).

I guess this is simple and should be done.