Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/03/03 13:03:29 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "MarcPerkelsExperiments" by mperkel

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by mperkel:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MarcPerkelsExperiments

   127.0.0.2 black
   127.0.0.3 yellow
  }}}
+
+ === SA code to access these lists - needs improvement ===
+
+ Here's some SA rules to use some of the capabilities of the HostKarma list. These rules need improvement.
+
+ {{{
+ header __RCVD_IN_JMF eval:check_rbl('JMF-lastexternal','hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com.')
+ describe __RCVD_IN_JMF Sender listed in JunkEmailFilter
+ tflags __RCVD_IN_JMF net
+
+ header RCVD_IN_JMF_W eval:check_rbl_sub('JMF-lastexternal', '127.0.0.1')
+ describe RCVD_IN_JMF_W Sender listed in JMF-WHITE
+ tflags RCVD_IN_JMF_W net nice
+ score RCVD_IN_JMF_W -5
+
+ header RCVD_IN_JMF_BL eval:check_rbl_sub('JMF-lastexternal', '127.0.0.2')
+ describe RCVD_IN_JMF_BL Sender listed in JMF-BLACK
+ tflags RCVD_IN_JMF_BL net
+ score RCVD_IN_JMF_BL 3.0
+
+ header RCVD_IN_JMF_BR eval:check_rbl_sub('JMF-lastexternal', '127.0.0.4')
+ describe RCVD_IN_JMF_BR Sender listed in JMF-BROWN
+ tflags RCVD_IN_JMF_BR net
+ score RCVD_IN_JMF_BR 1.0
+ }}}
+
+ What needs to be done is that the white list should short circuit testing and the message declared ham. Yellow listing should bypass all other black list tests. And the code to do FCrDNS host tests needs to be added so the list can be accesses by host name instead of just IP address.

  === Forward Confirmed rDNS (FCrDNS) ===

@@ -153, +180 @@

  I'm looking for as many people as possible to just do it and post the videos. Maybe we can make a contest out of it and some of us in the spam filtering business can kick in some bucks (or euros) for a prize for the winners? I think a good set of educational videos about hot to not get ripped off could lead to a measurable reduction in spam.

-
  End of Marc Perkel section. I'm putting my name in this because I tend to write in the first person and wanted to clarify it. Also if someone wants to work with me to develop these ideas feel free to [mailto:support@junkemailfilter.com contact me]. Some people might not agree with everything I posted here and I may be wrong and there may be better ideas out there. But this was meant to stimulate thought in the hopes that some part of this rant will lead to the future development of Spam Assassin and related spam fighting tools.

- ----
-
- Post your innovative ideas here.
-