Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Robert Gasch <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/20 15:23:23 UTC

Null Pointer Exception when sampling URL

Hi,

I'm new to JMeter but it seems to be right on track
for our testing needs (we're using JMeter 1.7B3). I
have created a simple test plan which uses URL
Rewriting where some pages work but other pages (which
seemingly have correct URLs & parameters supplied)
which seem to have a correct page response (judging
from the output in my results/data file), result in
the following NPE:

Sampling url:
http://www.vulkan24.com:80/vkg/content/content_category_browse.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=5839&browse_type=Company&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=5785
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.oro.text.regex.Perl5Compiler.compile(Perl5Compiler.java:1731)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HtmlParser.isAnchorMatched(HtmlParser.java:147)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.modifier.AnchorModifier.addAnchorUrls(AnchorModifier.java:283)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.modifier.AnchorModifier.modifyEntry(AnchorModifier.java:172)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.ModifyController.addConfigElements(ModifyController.java:159)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.configureEntry(GenericController.java:464)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.nextEntry(GenericController.java:284)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.nextEntry(LoopController.java:245)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.endEntryCycle(LoopController.java:187)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.nextEntry(LoopController.java:252)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:120)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Any
pointers are much appreciated ...

Greetings/Thanks
--> R