Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com> on 2006/12/30 03:05:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r491045 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.java

peterreilly@apache.org wrote:
> Check if classpath used with forked junit contains multi versions of ant

I just spent about two hours today trying to figure out why my unit
tests were failing with a FNFE on junitvmwatcher*.properties from
JUnitTask.executeAsForked. Turned out I was somehow mixing Ant 1.6.5 and
1.7.0. (The unit test was running a nested copy of Ant which in turn ran
forked unit tests...don't ask.) Is that what this commit checks for?

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com  x22801  netbeans.org  ant.apache.org
       http://google.com/search?q=e%5E%28pi*i%29%2B1

Re: svn commit: r491045 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.java

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 12/30/06, Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com> wrote:
> peterreilly@apache.org wrote:
> > Check if classpath used with forked junit contains multi versions of ant
>
> I just spent about two hours today trying to figure out why my unit
> tests were failing with a FNFE on junitvmwatcher*.properties from
> JUnitTask.executeAsForked. Turned out I was somehow mixing Ant 1.6.5 and
> 1.7.0. (The unit test was running a nested copy of Ant which in turn ran
> forked unit tests...don't ask.) Is that what this commit checks for?

Exactly.
I think that mixing of ant.1.6.5 jars with ant.1.7 will happen quite a lot.
This patch checks if multiple versions of ant.jar is in the junit classpath.

Another way to fix this is to change the order of jars in the junit
command line.
Currently the ant jars are placed after the jars in the nested <classpath>
so the <classpath> jars take priority. I did not what to do this as
it would change the behaviour of the <junit> task.

Peter