Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shailendra Gatade <sh...@capsilon.com> on 2005/07/07 08:25:17 UTC

Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Apache 2 ( Linux ) with Tomcat 5.0 ( Win2K ) using
mod_jk. I'm facing several problems regarding this ...

Initially i was using mod_jk2.so which is deprecated and also not recomended
for Production Environment.

I am not able to find the proper mod_jk.so for Apache.

      I downloaded ...

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-prefork.so
        and

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-worker.so

      Which file should i rename to mod_jk.so ?

      When i rename the first one and use it, i am getting the following
error ...
     Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so: ELF file data encoding not little-endian.

     Can somebody point me to a location where i can find the proper
mod_jk.so for my setup ?

Also there is no extensive tutorial available on the same issue ... Is
anyone aware of a tutorial which guides you step by step in configuring
Apache 2 + Tomcat 5.0 using mod_jk.so ?

Thanks in advance ...

Shailendra

RE: Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Posted by Shailendra Gatade <sh...@capsilon.com>.
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply ...

I WAS using the PPC Module. I'll change it to I386, check once again and get
back ...

Thanks a lot again ...

Regards,

Shailendra

> > I am trying to connect Apache 2 ( Linux ) with Tomcat 5.0 ( Win2K )
> > using mod_jk. I'm facing several problems regarding this ...
> >
> > Initially i was using mod_jk2.so which is deprecated and also not
> > recomended for Production Environment.
> >
> > I am not able to find the proper mod_jk.so for Apache.
> >
> >       I downloaded ...
> >
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-pr
> > efork.so
> >         and
> >
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-wo
> > rker.so
> >
> >       Which file should i rename to mod_jk.so ?
> >
> >       When i rename the first one and use it, i am getting the
> >       following
> > error ...
> >      Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so into server:
> > /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so: ELF file data encoding not
> > little-endian.
> >
> >      Can somebody point me to a location where i can find the proper
> > mod_jk.so for my setup ?
> >
> > Also there is no extensive tutorial available on the same issue ...
> > Is anyone aware of a tutorial which guides you step by step in
> > configuring Apache 2 + Tomcat 5.0 using mod_jk.so ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance ...
> >
> > Shailendra
> >

> Try here.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32
> /

Those are for windows, he is running linux (for the webserver at least).

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/

If you are not running a ppc (power pc) architecture based machine don't use
the "ppc"
module.

-Steve O.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he
learned in school. -Albert Einstein

Steve O.
http://www.steveo.us

Re: Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.

RE: Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Posted by Shailendra Gatade <sh...@capsilon.com>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply ...

I have already downloaded all the files from the location you suggested (
i.e. the Linux Version ).

But its giving me the following error ...

Syntax error on line 235 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so: ELF file data encoding not little-endian.

Steve has suggested not to use the PPC module. I'm gng to try with i386 and
will get back to you.

Thanks a lot again ...

Shailendra

> I am trying to connect Apache 2 ( Linux ) with Tomcat 5.0 ( Win2K ) using
> mod_jk. I'm facing several problems regarding this ...
>
> Initially i was using mod_jk2.so which is deprecated and also not
recomended
> for Production Environment.
>
> I am not able to find the proper mod_jk.so for Apache.
>
>       I downloaded ...

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-prefork.so
>         and

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.10-linux-sles8-ppc-apache-2.0.53-worker.so

>       Which file should i rename to mod_jk.so ?
>
>       When i rename the first one and use it, i am getting the following
> error ...
>      Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache2/lib/mod_jk.so: ELF file data encoding not
little-endian.

>      Can somebody point me to a location where i can find the proper
> mod_jk.so for my setup ?
>
> Also there is no extensive tutorial available on the same issue ... Is
> anyone aware of a tutorial which guides you step by step in configuring
> Apache 2 + Tomcat 5.0 using mod_jk.so ?
>
> Thanks in advance ...
>
> Shailendra

Try here.

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/

And here for docs.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer

Re: Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Posted by Justin Crabtree <cr...@otc.edu>.

RE: Apache + Tomcat with Mod_jk

Posted by Toshio SUGAHARA <to...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Hi Shailendra,

What your Apache MPM are you using?

I think you should use JK_module that accord with Apcahe MPM.

Thanks,

-Toshio