Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 17:17:25 UTC

OBR Documentation modifications got deleted?

Hi all,

I wrote a small amount of documentation last year on Felix OBR and
that it implements the Enterprise R5 Repository spec. It wasn't a
large amount, just a start. However, I just found out that my docs
page has been replaced by an old version!

Its visible in the OBR Repository File section:

* The current documentation page is this:
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html#obr-repository-file
* And the page that actually has newer changes but has been removed on
it is still visible on
http://web.archive.org/web/20140707000032/http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html#ApacheFelixOSGiBundleRepository-OBRRepositoryFile

Now I didn't add a whole lot of stuff, but this worries me. Opensource
projects often struggle having good documentation. If the work that
people put in actually gets removed that makes it worse.

Does anyone know what happened here?

Cheers,

David

Re: OBR Documentation modifications got deleted?

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
It seems that bad stuff happened to other pages too. For example the
maven-bundle-plugin FAQ page that is mentioned from [1] is missing:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-bundle-plugin-faq.html

I also noticed that something seems to have gone wrong with the
migration of images. There were two .png files in the OBR
documentation page (they were there long before my changes). These
don't exist any more in the migrated site, and the only thing you see
on the page is: '!obr-entities.png!'

I'm fixing up the OBR page, but people may want to check the pages
they helped author...

Cheers,

David

[1] http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html