Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/03 17:55:34 UTC

Some minor pain with companions

Hi,

just co'ed companions.

I was wondering why companions is not a maven multimodule project.
Receivers depends on extras and component. It was a bit pain to create
the eclipse project. Any reasons not to go multimodule?

Then extras has a failing test case:
Failed tests:   testBasic(org.apache.log4j.xml.XSLTLayoutTestCase)

Did not look into it so far

And finally :-) receivers is dependend to

 <artifactId>apache-log4j-extras</artifactId>
 <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

but this seems wrong to me. I could only build it when I installed
1.2-SNAPSHOT locally. Another reason for going multimodule, but for
now, is it ok to upgrade this version to 1.2-SNAPSHOT?

Cheers
Christian

Re: Some minor pain with companions

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> I'd think changing things to multi-module makes sense.

I will try to make it multimodule

> Feel free to change
> the dependency...could it depend on extras 1.1, not the snapshot?

yes, i changed the dependency to 1.1 as you said, it builds fine at my desk

> Not sure why the test is failing.  I can check it out.

I hoped that :-)

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Some minor pain with companions

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

I'd think changing things to multi-module makes sense.  Feel free to change