Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com> on 2015/12/11 08:33:43 UTC

[VOTE] Move to Committer == PPMC Model for Sentry

Hi,
This is based off a recent discussion thread on the dev list [1]. The vote
is on whether Sentry should to a model where Committer == PPMC from
Committer != PPMC. The general consensus was that this could be a positive
move for the community and would help encourage growing the community.
Please take a look at the discussion thread for more details on the
motivation behind this change and resulting feedback.

If this vote passes, all existing committers would become PPMC members and
there would be no distinction between committer and PPMC moving forward. This
is a model a number of other projects in the incubator follow.

Please vote below. Vote will be open for 96 hours (added an extra day given
the weekend and the significance of this change).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Lenni

[1] -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sentry-dev/201512.mbox/%3CCAGQc2gHPD_QHAeK7zkYH2qvMnwrkxp9ZWbOQvz1xJHmTdqVOwQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: [VOTE] Move to Committer == PPMC Model for Sentry

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1 as well!

Best,
Hao

Posted by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.
+1

Regards
Dapeng

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.
Okay, thank you for you information.

Regards
Dapeng

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.
Hi Lenni,

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Vamsee Yarlagadda <va...@cloudera.com>.
+1

wrote:

> +1
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Susan Lauber <sm...@laubersolutions.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > -Susan (lurking contributor who still hopes to dig into expanding the
> > docs
> > > next month)

Vamsee

Re: [VOTE] Move to Committer == PPMC Model for Sentry

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com>.
+1