Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gary Nielson <gn...@charlotte.infi.net> on 2001/05/15 01:51:39 UTC

Question using base.epl while configuring Apache without mod_perl

I am just starting out with embperl. I installed it on a Redhat 5.2 server
running Linux 2.0.26 and perl 5.004_04 and Apache 1.3.6. Tests from the
examples at perl.apache.org (if.htm, loop.htm, etc.) work fine on this
machine with this virtual host.  But I can not get an example on a
template shown at http://www.perl.com/pub/2001/03/embperl.html to work.

Mod_perl is not installed, so I must run embperl as a cgi script. I added
the following lines to my Apache httpd.conf file:

# EMBPERL STUFF
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST mail.mydomain.com
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
#Set EmbPerl handler for Curriculum directory
<Directory
"/webServer/virtualDW/cannonschool.org/htdocs/Curriculum_and_Admissions/">
   <FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
   Options     ExecCGI
   </FilesMatch>
   <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny From all
    </FilesMatch>
</Directory>
# END EMBPERL STUFF

In the Curriculum_and_Admissions directory, I created a base.epl file like
so:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Some title</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Cannon School
<P>
[- Execute ('*') -]
</BODY>
</HTML>

and an index.html file that just says:

Hello, Gary.

Well, all I get is Hello, Gary. I don't get anything else, and no title
when I do an http on:

http://www.cannonschool.org/cgi-bin/embpcgi.pl/Curriculum_and_Admissions/index.html

I copied this example right from the perl.com web page, so I am a little
confused as to what I am doing wrong. Any help appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Gary

Re: Next release (was: Question using base.epl while configuring Apache without mod_perl)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> When is the next release expected?

I hope to have it out tomorow. 1.3.2 is ready I am just doing some final
testing.

Gerald

P.S. 2.0b3 will also come during the next days...

Re: Question using base.epl while configuring Apache without mod_perl

Posted by Gary Nielson <gn...@charlotte.infi.net>.
Hi there:

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Gerald Richter wrote:

> [...]
> > <P>
> > [- Execute ('*') -]
> > </BODY>
> > </HTML>
> >
> > and an index.html file that just says:
> >
> > Hello, Gary.
> >
> > Well, all I get is Hello, Gary. I don't get anything else, and no title
> > when I do an http on:
> >

> http://www.cannonschool.org/cgi-bin/embpcgi.pl/Curriculum_and_Admissions/ind
> ex.html
> >
> > I copied this example right from the perl.com web page, so I am a little
> > confused as to what I am doing wrong. Any help appreciated. Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > Gary

> Gerald Richter    ecos electronic communication services gmbh
> Internetconnect * Webserver/-design/-datenbanken * Consulting
>
> Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5         D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz

Gary Nielson
gary@garynielson.com

Re: Questions about epocgi (was Re: Question using base.epl while configuring Apache without mod_perl)

Posted by Gary Nielson <gn...@charlotte.infi.net>.
I changed the EMBPERL_DEBUG and discovered that embperl could not find a
notfound.html file. I deleted that line from the httpd.conf file for now
and it works great. Thanks.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Gary Nielson <gn...@charlotte.infi.net>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Re: Turning off autofill of forms

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@switchonline.com.au>.
On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:22:22PM -0400, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:
> When we work with forms, the values of which are automatically
> filled in the follow up forms with the same values, as it should.
> WHo do I turn that off on given form?  Do I need to manipulate udat
> or idat?

$optDisableInputScan = 0;

--
 - Gus

Turning off autofill of forms

Posted by Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>.
Greeting

When we work with forms, the values of which are automatically filled in
the
follow up forms with the same values, as it should.  WHo do I turn that off
on
given form?  Do I need to manipulate udat or idat?

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com