Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 12:44:54 UTC

Query parameters

I'm posting this to user group since it is mostly usage question.

The new query parameter binding is a welcome addition, especialy in
combination
with replacing the page pool with static instaces. All nice and well, but
how do I pass
query parameters through PageLink or AcionLink ?

Best to explain it through the example I'm using it with:
There is a page that lists documents, and there is a search form with few
fields.
One field is the "year" which tells the page to limit to docs from that
year.
So I changed the @Persist to @ActivationRequestParameter and after
submitting
the search form I get a nice ur: docs/list?year=2009.
Ok, this works well, I can have multiple tabs with different filters, much
like php which I
like very much and use often.
but there are more things that do not work:
1. using PageLink from another page to jump to @ActivationRequestParameter
2. using ActionLink to pass query parameters (annotated with
@RequestParameter)

3. If there are more than one such param there is no way to create a link to
it self with one of them changed
   for example on page: docs/list?year=2009&type=FI I can not create a link
directly to docs/list?year=2010&type=FI
   it would be nice to be able to write this: <t:SelfLink
q:year="2010">2010</...> to get the mentioned result

for that matter a namespace xmln:p="tapestry:parameter" or new one like
xmlns:q="tapestry:query" would be nice
for the ActionLink and PageLink.

Davor Hrg

Re: Query parameters

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that's a problem with Confluence.  Perhaps after the FAQ takes
more form, we'll merge them into a single large document instead of
including; the include option doesn't work well with footnotes.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Query parameters

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Query parameters

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
Loving the FAQ!!!

Re: Query parameters

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
This is really nice.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very excited by the new process; ask a FAQ and I can update the
> FAQ page live and return a link to that.
>
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>
> wrote:
> > Wish I had known that one about 4 months ago ... :-)
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Just added to the FAQ:
> >>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Frequently+Asked+Questions#FrequentlyAskedQuestions-HowdoIaddqueryparametersaPageLinkorActionLink%3F

> but

> few
> much
> @ActivationRequestParameter

> link to
> link

> >> --
> >> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >>
> >> Creator of Apache Tapestry
> >>
> >> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
> >> learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
> >>
> >> (971) 678-5210
> >> http://howardlewisship.com

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Query parameters

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm very excited by the new process; ask a FAQ and I can update the
FAQ page live and return a link to that.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> wrote:
> Wish I had known that one about 4 months ago ... :-)
>

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just added to the FAQ:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Frequently+Asked+Questions#FrequentlyAskedQuestions-HowdoIaddqueryparametersaPageLinkorActionLink%3F
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm posting this to user group since it is mostly usage question.
>>>
>>> The new query parameter binding is a welcome addition, especialy in
>>> combination
>>> with replacing the page pool with static instaces. All nice and well, but
>>> how do I pass
>>> query parameters through PageLink or AcionLink ?
>>>
>>> Best to explain it through the example I'm using it with:
>>> There is a page that lists documents, and there is a search form with few
>>> fields.
>>> One field is the "year" which tells the page to limit to docs from that
>>> year.
>>> So I changed the @Persist to @ActivationRequestParameter and after
>>> submitting
>>> the search form I get a nice ur: docs/list?year=2009.
>>> Ok, this works well, I can have multiple tabs with different filters, much
>>> like php which I
>>> like very much and use often.
>>> but there are more things that do not work:
>>> 1. using PageLink from another page to jump to @ActivationRequestParameter
>>> 2. using ActionLink to pass query parameters (annotated with
>>> @RequestParameter)
>>>
>>> 3. If there are more than one such param there is no way to create a link to
>>> it self with one of them changed
>>>   for example on page: docs/list?year=2009&type=FI I can not create a link
>>> directly to docs/list?year=2010&type=FI
>>>   it would be nice to be able to write this: <t:SelfLink
>>> q:year="2010">2010</...> to get the mentioned result
>>>
>>> for that matter a namespace xmln:p="tapestry:parameter" or new one like
>>> xmlns:q="tapestry:query" would be nice
>>> for the ActionLink and PageLink.
>>>

>>> Davor Hrg
>>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship