Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anish <ag...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/30 18:31:51 UTC

Question regarding Axis/C++ binaries with Apache2

Hi:

I am trying to setup Axis/C++ library to work with Apache2. I have downloaded the binary distribution axis-c-linux-current-bin.tar.gz  from http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/, but I am unsure about the instructions in INSTALL script,

a) After having setup the $AXISCPP_HOME, do I need to follow the instructions "to COPY apache include files, expat include files, and copy folder deploy"?
b) or do I just need to copy libaxiscpp_mod2.so into modules directory under Apache2 and add appropriate config instructions to Apache2.conf as in (LOADMoDULE, and <location> commands).

I really appreciate your help, thanks
Anish

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Question regarding Axis/C++ binaries with Apache2

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 22:31, Anish wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to setup Axis/C++ library to work with Apache2. I have
> downloaded the binary distribution axis-c-linux-current-bin.tar.gz
> from http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/, but I am unsure about the
> instructions in INSTALL script,
>
> a) After having setup the $AXISCPP_HOME, do I need to follow the
> instructions "to COPY apache include files, expat include files, and
> copy folder deploy"?
No
> b) or do I just need to copy libaxiscpp_mod2.so into modules directory
> under Apache2 and add appropriate config instructions to Apache2.conf
> as in (LOADMoDULE, and <location> commands).
Yes

Actually the INSTALL file there is incomplete there in the sense that it
does not clearly explain for the user who downloaded the binary.
In current cvs INSTALL documentation is more clear

thanks
damitha