Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/17 09:37:25 UTC

Re: Bundled Buildr + JRuby distribution

Any plans on making the distribution available in the site? Maybe using
--fast to run jruby and jrubyc to precompile all ruby files?

Thanks
Ittay

Posted by Assaf Arkin <as...@labnotes.org>.
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ittay,
>
> I'm unclear as to whether we'll be able to distribute it on the Apache
> site.   We'll need to review the license on all packaged software against
> Apache policies.

Official Apache releases are source code and have to be clear of any
licensing issues.

There's more flexibility with convenience binary downloads (that are not
official releases), as long as they don't cause any licensing violations and
people won't get them confused with official releases.

Assaf

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ittay,

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
Precompiling all of the .rb scripts is a really good idea.  That would
certainly help improve performance of the all-in-one bundle, especially on
JRuby 1.4 and later.

Daniel