Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/08/01 11:55:56 UTC

about xsl and java extension (xalan) - a tiny bit offtopic

Hello, I need something special in my xsl :

as I match every "foo" I need to take an attribute and update a string
(appended by void methods).

then when this is achieved, in another template I reuse this string as
output.

I have a look at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html (more
complicated when using void methods) but is there something "simpler" in
cocoon that I would have missed ? ok I could use xsp but this doesn't please
me so much.

did anyone encounter the same architecture problem ?

Since I am updating an application that used DOM and servlets to a
cocoon(2.0.3)-based model there are some things I cannot change (xml data
structure).

Thanks.

Barbara