Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kimberly Begley <ki...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 01:58:23 UTC

problem compiling HelloWorldTest.java

Hello,
I'm going through the struts2 bootstrap/HelloWorld tutorial and am having
some problems.
When I compile HelloWorld. java  I get the this warning:

 javac -d . HelloWorld.java
----------
1. WARNING in HelloWorld.java (at line 3)
        public class HelloWorld extends ActionSupport {
                     ^^^^^^^^^^
The serializable class HelloWorld does not declare a static final
serialVersionUID field of type long

and then when I compile HelloWorldTest.java I get these errors:

javac -d . HelloWorldTest.java
----------
1. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
        HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
        ^^^^^^^^^^
HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
----------
2. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
        HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^
HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
----------
3. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 16)
        HelloWorld.MESSAGE.equals(hello_world.getMessage()));
        ^^^^^^^^^^
HelloWorld cannot be resolved
----------
3 problems (3 errors)

I'm not sure if the errors are related to the warning I got about
HelloWorld.java - any suggestions?
Thanks

Re: problem compiling HelloWorldTest.java

Posted by Kimberly Begley <ki...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Kimberly Begley <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > javac -d . HelloWorldTest.java
> > ----------
> > 1. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
> >         HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
> >         ^^^^^^^^^^
> > HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
> > ----------
> > 2. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 9)
> >         HelloWorld hello_world = new HelloWorld();
> >                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
> > HelloWorld cannot be resolved to a type
> > ----------
> > 3. ERROR in HelloWorldTest.java (at line 16)
> >         HelloWorld.MESSAGE.equals(hello_world.getMessage()));
> >         ^^^^^^^^^^
> > HelloWorld cannot be resolved
> > ----------
> > 3 problems (3 errors)
> >
> > I'm not sure if the errors are related to the warning I got about
> > HelloWorld.java - any suggestions?
>
> HelloWorld is not on your classpath when you're compiling HelloWorldTest.
> The
> serialization warning is not related to that compilation problem.
>
> Dave

Kimberly Begley

Re: problem compiling HelloWorldTest.java

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.