Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/03/08 23:26:15 UTC

DRAFT Apache Mahout Status Report: March 2012

I'd like to submit this next week as I will be traveling and moving into
early April. Comments welcomed.
Jeff

=== DRAFT Apache Mahout Status Report: March 2012 ===

Apache Mahout provides implementations of machine learning algorithms
(collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, and more) for
large-scale data, mostly via Hadoop-based implementations.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

CURRENT ACTIVITY

Activity has remained high during the past 3 months. We completed our
0.6 release and have embarked upon a new 0.7 release the goal of which
is to clean up and refactor existing functionality to improve
consistency and improve user experience.

Code freeze for 0.7 is targeted for May 15.

A 1.0 release is not yet on the horizon.

COMMUNITY

We have two new committers since our last report:
- Paratosh Ranjan
- Tom Pierce

MAHOUT DISTRIBUTIONS

Mahout now has multiple commercial distributions.

MAHOUT IN PRINT

"Mahout in Action", Owen, Anil, Dunning & Friedman is being well
received.
(http://manning.com/owen/)

Re: DRAFT Apache Mahout Status Report: March 2012

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
Got it, sorry, Jeff

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.