Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Leturia <IG...@emun.com> on 2002/04/23 17:10:19 UTC

Problem with proxy in Apache 2.0.35 and Windows 2000 Server

  Hi!

  I'm having a problem with installing proxy services in Apache 2.0.35
and Windows 2000 Server. I've got an IIS Server which I want Apache to
hand some of the requests to. Apache is on port 82 and IIS on port 80.
When Apache gets a request from a client for a particular directory, it
must hand it over to IIS and return the response obtained to the client.
These are the only changes I do to the default installation httpd.conf
file:

  - 'Listen 82' instead of 'Listen 80'
  - Delete the '#' in the '#LoadModule proxy_module
modules/mod_proxy.so' line
  - 'ServerName WWW.MYDOMAIN.COM:82' instead of 'ServerName
WWW.MYDOMAIN.COM'
  - In the proxy directives, I uncomment the lines:
      ProxyRequests On
      <Proxy *>
          Order deny,allow
          Allow from all
      </Proxy>
      ProxyVia On
  - Finally, I write 'ProxyPass /somedir/
http://www.mydomain.com:80/somedir/' and 'ProxyPassReverse /somedir/
http://www.mydomain.com:80/somedir/'

  I'm afraid it might be a problem of this version. I had Apache 1.3.24
before. I did the same changes to the default httpd.conf file (plus
uncommenting the corresponding AddModule line for mod_proxy) and
everything was fine.

  Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

					Igor Leturia

  P.S.: Does anybody know why Apache.exe doesn't accept the -w parameter
anymore? It was a very useful parameter for Windows users, we could
check the syntax of httpd.conf without the DOS window being closed
immediately.