Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joan Goyeau <jo...@goyeau.com> on 2018/09/01 11:47:11 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-366 - Make FunctionConversations private

Hi,

As pointed out in this comment
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5539#discussion_r212380648 "This class
was already defaulted to public visibility, and we can't retract it now,
without a KIP.", the object FunctionConversions is only of internal use and
therefore should be private to the lib only so that we can do changes
without going through KIP like this one.

KIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-366%3A+Make+FunctionConversions+private

Please make your votes.
Thanks

Re: [VOTE] KIP-366 - Make FunctionConversations private

Posted by Joan Goyeau <jo...@goyeau.com>.
This KIP is now accepted with:
- 3 binding +1
- 2 non binding +1

Thanks all

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Joan Goyeau <jo...@goyeau.com>.

Posted by Joan Goyeau <jo...@goyeau.com>.
Matt, This is now all updated.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Attila Sasvári <as...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-366 - Make FunctionConversations private

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Joan Goyeau <jo...@goyeau.com>.

Posted by John Roesler <jo...@confluent.io>.