Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shawna Qian <sh...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/05/08 00:00:44 UTC

using the proxy on the cli or configHelper to connect to cassandra server

Hello:

In our cassandra settings, we need to specify the proxy to access the
cassandra: if using the java code, it will be like this:

Proxy proxy = new Proxy(Proxy.Type.SOCKS, new
InetSocketAddress("socks.corp.yahoo.com", 1080));
Socket socket = new Socket (proxy);
socket.connect(new InetSocketAddress(cassieHostName, cassiePort));
TSocket tsokect =  new TSocket(socket);
TTransport tr = new TFramedTransport(tsokect);

But I am not sure how to specify this in the cassandra-cli.  Also if I use
configHelper in hadoop jobs, how can I specify the proxy information?

Thx
Shawna

Re: using the proxy on the cli or configHelper to connect to cassandra server

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
There is no support in the cli for using a socks proxy. You would need to add it.

Take a look in CliMain.java

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer