Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Danielle Hu <dh...@snaplogic.com> on 2021/08/09 16:32:04 UTC

Proxying ratis servers using jetty server

Hi there,

I am currently working on a research and trying to proxy ratio servers’ communication using jetty server. The ratis server no wis able to receive request from my jetty server(http2 enabled), however, Jetty server could only detect ratis server is pinging it without the ability of identifying the request. Right now, my ratis example is using Netty. Is the default request are sending in raw TCP? By any chance, any suggestion in how should I make the communication between Jetty server and Netty working?

Sincerely,
Danielle Hu

Re: Proxying ratis servers using jetty server

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danielle,

>  Is the default request are sending in raw TCP?

When using Netty rpc in Ratis (i.e. SupportedRpcType.NETTY), the requests
are encoded in protobuf and then sent in raw TCP; see NettyRpcService.

> By any chance, any suggestion in how should I make the communication
between Jetty server and Netty working?

Sorry that I have no idea how to fix it from the information provided.

Thanks a lot for using Ratis!
Tsz-Wo