Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Russell Butek <bu...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/12 20:50:06 UTC

Beta 1 status

During our weekly chat we came up with a number of issues for the beta.  We
added a "MUST DO FOR BETA1" section to our todo.TXT file.  As of now, that
list is (NOTE THE 3RD ITEM!  That's something everyone can help with.  Look
at the published interfaces section of the User's Guide):

! <Doug> Doug's issue 1: Attachments are broken
! <Doug> Doug's issue 2: A fault isn't being thrown anymore on the client
when the server throws an exception - in the past it did work.
! <Russell> Published interfaces must be vetted
! <?> getParameterName() should return a QName
! <?> Taras' fix to MessageElement (getValue-like method).

I will create another release candidate today or tomorrow morning so that
folks can play with the latest version of stuff.  With any luck we'll get
through this list in the next couple days and the real, final beta 1 will
be ready by Friday.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com