Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 14:40:10 UTC

Re: HttpClient : host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms

On 21/04/2009, Christian Gendreau <cg...@ctecworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm using httpclient 3.1 to access a custom WebService from a Java program.
> Sometimes, I got a HttpClient error that says "The host /did not accept/ the
> connection within timeout of /5000/ ms". The error pop at random time and
> all others calls are successfully made. I search the Internet and I only got
> issues related to Firewall which doesn't seem to be my case. The server is a
> typical tomcat 5.5 server.
>
>  Does someone have any clue?

Sounds to me like the server (or possibly the local system) has run
out of spare connections.

>  Do an update to httpclient 4.0 will solve this problem ?

Seems unlikely if the problem is server-related.

Posted by Christian Gendreau <cg...@ctecworld.com>.
I will take a look on the server.

Do you know if the correct way to release the connection on the client side is PostMethod.releaseConnection() in HttpClient 3.1 ? The client open a lot of connections, maybe they are not closed correctly.