Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/28 19:16:19 UTC

How does text-rev work?

I am looking at the collection1/techproducts schema and I can't figure
out how the reversed wildcard example is supposed to work.

We define text_general_rev type and text_rev field, but we don't seem
to be populating it at any point. And running the example does not
seem to show any tokens in the field even when the non-inverted text
field does have some.

Apparently, there is some magic in the QueryParser to do something
about this at query time, but I see no explanation of what is supposed
to happen at the index/schema time.

Anybody has the skinny on this one?

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Sign up for my Solr resources newsletter at http://www.solr-start.com/

Re: How does text-rev work?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
No, it's just what I said. Read the original Jira (from Solr 1.4!):

You, the user, need to specify and  populate a reversed wildcard field if
that is want you want - it is not magic and not automatic.

This should be documented as an "expert" feature. And there should be doc
on how to use it.

I do have some doc in my e-book, with some examples, but even that does not
show the complete end-to-end config and schema.

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: How does text-rev work?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: How does text-rev work?