Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Annette <do...@photomask.com> on 2007/05/03 16:07:13 UTC

JMS msg timeToLive (tied to jms msg expiration) and priority and servicemix

I see some of the servicemix jms components based off the JMSTemplate class
allow to enter a jms msg timeToLive and msg priority. This is for sending a
jms msg. In my case, this would be for sending the output message received
at a JMS endpoint to the external client.  But I have the requirement not to
process old messages. This would include not allowing the jms input msg to
be sent to the NMR and processed by the service provider. The jms expiration
date (based off timeToLive) should provide this, but there is not a way that
I see to implement this on the NMR. The classes JCAFlow and JMSFlow call
methods sendJmsMessage and doRouting, respectively. These classes and the
producer(s) created by these classes are using the default value of
timeToLive and priority.  As far as I can tell, the original jms input
message sent, is normalized but the normalization does not keep the jms msg
expiration or priority attributes. Maybe someone has better insight or can
help clarify if there is a way to take into account jms msg expiration and
priority on an input jms msg. thanks