Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Lisa Dusseault <li...@osafoundation.org> on 2004/11/30 19:16:30 UTC

Principal URL in lockdiscovery (was: Re: 2.1 Release)

This isn't in the ACL RFC, which defines principal URLs, so it's
non-standard so far.

However, I think it's pretty clear that any unrecognized element in the
lockdiscovery property MUST be ignored by clients, so as far as I can
tell this should be considered a client bug. (That doesn't mean we
shouldn't work around it :)

Has anybody reported this as a bug to the MacOS X client guys?
thx,
Lisa

Re: Principal URL in lockdiscovery (was: Re: 2.1 Release)

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
Hi,

I agree this bug is totally Apple's fault but do we need to condemn all
OSX version before 10.4 (probably won't be fixed until then, if ever)
to life without possibility of Sliding? Users of Slide will blame Slide
and not OSX since the OSX client works fine with .Mac ; )

Best Regards

Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, eiki@idega.is
Chief Software Engineer
Idega Software