Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Anton Pevtsov <An...@moscow.vdiweb.com> on 2006/02/02 16:42:59 UTC

stdcxx compilation problems (MSVC 7.1)

There are two problems with the stdcxx current svn version compilation:

1. File src\wcodecvt.cpp, line 665:

	#ifndef _RWSTD_NO_WCRTOMB
	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0), &state);
	#elif !defined (_RWSTD_NO_WCTOMB)
	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0));              <-- looks
like a typo.
	#else
	    ret = _RWSTD_SIZE_MAX;
	#endif

This code fails to compile, I guess here should be:

	#ifndef _RWSTD_NO_WCRTOMB
	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0), &state);
	#elif !defined (_RWSTD_NO_WCTOMB)
	    ret = wctomb (tmp, wchar_t (0));
	#else
	    ret = _RWSTD_SIZE_MAX;
	#endif

2. File tests\src\alg_test.cpp, line 32:

	#include <alg_test.h>
	#include <snprintfa.h>

There is no header named "snprintfa.h" in tests\include. So I guess here
should be:

	#include <alg_test.h>
	#include <printf.h>

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov

Re: stdcxx compilation problems (MSVC 7.1)

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> There are two problems with the stdcxx current svn version compilation:
>
> 1. File src\wcodecvt.cpp, line 665:

Yes, that's my typo from yesterday. I'll fix it today. Sorry
about that.

> 	#ifndef _RWSTD_NO_WCRTOMB
> 	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0), &state);
> 	#elif !defined (_RWSTD_NO_WCTOMB)
> 	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0));              <-- looks
> like a typo.
> 	#else
> 	    ret = _RWSTD_SIZE_MAX;
> 	#endif
>
> This code fails to compile, I guess here should be:

Correct.

> 	#ifndef _RWSTD_NO_WCRTOMB
> 	    ret = wcrtomb (tmp, wchar_t (0), &state);
> 	#elif !defined (_RWSTD_NO_WCTOMB)
> 	    ret = wctomb (tmp, wchar_t (0));
> 	#else
> 	    ret = _RWSTD_SIZE_MAX;
> 	#endif
>
> 2. File tests\src\alg_test.cpp, line 32:

Another typo. I really need to rename this file (and others) to
make sure the names are the same between stdcxx and our internal
branch. I'll do it today.

Martin