Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ni...@sercel.fr on 2002/08/21 16:01:32 UTC

Réf. : RE: How to extract information fromvalidation error codes

Yes but what I need is to get precise information about the error such as the name of the violated constraint, its value, the name
of the tag/attribute which has incorrect value, ... without extracting them from the error message string (that's not very clean to
do that !).

                    "Tony Chen"
                    <Tony.Chen@LA        Pour :  "'xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org'" <xe...@xml.apache.org>, "'Gopal Sharma'"
                    BONE.com>            <Go...@Sun.COM>
                                         cc :
                    08/21/2002           Objet :      RE: How to extract information from validation error codes
                    03:14 PM
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    xerces-j-user

If you create an ErrorHandler as in one of the sample, you could use method
of SAXParseException.  There are a few methods like getLineNumber,
getColumnNumber, getMessage.  They are not that precise, but quite helpful.

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Nicolas.GOLOUBENKO@sercel.fr wrote:
> Yes but what I need is to get precise information about the error such as the name of the violated constraint, its value, the name
> of the tag/attribute which has incorrect value, ... without extracting them from the error message string (that's not very clean to
> do that !).

Please search the archive. I posted a rather lengthy
solution to this problem about a month ago.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

SAX event order: XML Schema errors

Posted by Jan Dvorak <ja...@mathan.cz>.
Hello all,

I'm experimenting with XML Schema validation and error reporting thru SAX.
I can see that some schema violations are reported before the startElement()
call for the element that caused them (typically errors in connection with
attributes), while some schema violations get reported after the endElement()
event (element model mismatch, typically). Some errors are reported pretty
much anywhere.

Is there a rule of thumb as to when I could expect which cvc-* message?

I'm building a custom DocumentBuilder that also records the errors that are
connected with a node.

Jan Dvorak
MathAn Praha