Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Revere <pe...@mail.iad.gov> on 2015/06/18 14:22:34 UTC

Solr 4.10.4: Could not create instance of 'SolrInputDocument'

Our web site is created using PaperThin's CommonSpot CMS in a ColdFusion 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environment, using Apache Solr 4.10.4 instead of CF Solr. We create collections through the CMS interface and they do appear in both the CMS and the Solr dashboard when created. However, when we try indexing our collections through the CMS interface, our CMS error logs show the entry 'Could not create instance of 'SolrInputDocument'' for each member of the collection. This is not a fatal error, as the indexing appears to cycle through all members, but each member "errors out" with log entries for each member.  I've Googled this error message without success. What might this error message indicate please??
Paul

Re: Solr 4.10.4: Could not create instance of 'SolrInputDocument'

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
No clue whatsoever, you haven't provided near enough details. I rather
doubt that many people
on this list really understand the interactions of that technology
stack, I certainly don't.

I'd ask on the ColdFusion list, as they're (apparently) the ones
who've integrated a Solr
connector of sorts. What evidence do you have that using a stock Solr
is even possible? For
all I know, the Solr provided with CF has some kind of customizations
(maybe a plugin?) that is
required.

Best,
Erick