Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thiago Henrique <th...@digirati.com.br> on 2008/08/26 18:56:09 UTC

Sa-learn

Hi,

I have a MTA server with Postfix2.4.5 + Amavisd-New2.5.2 +
SpamAssassin3.2.3. In another machine, I have a Mailbox server with
Cyrus-Imapd2.3.11. The users are "virtual users" and are in a Ldap
database.

We want to enable the learning Bayesian in SpamAssassin. I read enough
doc of sa-learn but did not find anything about learning with messages
remotely located. We can train spamassassin with messages in a folder
remotely located?

Thank you all in advance.
Best Regards

--
[]'s
Thiago Henrique

Re: Sa-learn

Posted by Ivan Levchenko <le...@gmail.com>.
this works in my circumstances - the email is all strictly work in a
small company, and no personal things are sent here - nobody has any
problem with it, and the email is deleted as soon as it gets
processed.

As I said, its easy to redo the script to work in other cases.

there is an alternative - resending the email without altering the
original headers to the needed account and carry on from there.

its not for everybody, but its easier than starting from scratch...
--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko
levchenko.i@gmail.com

Re: Sa-learn

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.

Re: Sa-learn

Posted by Ivan Levchenko <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I wrote this script some time ago. here is how it works:

I have an imap account that several users added to their email clients.
whenever they get a spam message that didn't get identified - they move
the message over to this spam account, and when they get a false
positive, they move it to the ham account.

on the server, i run the script via cron and it learns from this account.

the script doesn't have much comments, but it very easy to understand.

just enter the configuration options in the begging and that should be
enough.

its also pretty easy to modify to to work for any number of email
accounts... and there are probably better ways to do it, but its done as
it is and it works, so i don't see a need to redo it in any other way.

Hope it helps..

btw, make sure that you get the bayes db one for all of the users, or
else you will have to run this thing for each user separately...  or
maybe you would want that =)