Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Athavale <as...@persistent.com> on 2019/07/18 15:50:05 UTC

Exception while adding data in multiple threads

Hi,

I am getting below exception while adding data into solr. I am adding data concurrently in 20 threads, 100 documents in a batch per thread.
Each documents contains 40 fields and all are indexed.
This issue occurs only when I add in multi threads.

Can you please help out here?

Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException: Error from server at http://10.88.66.154:8983/solr: Invalid version (expected 2, but 95) or the data in not in 'javabin' format
                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:643)
                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:255)
                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:244)
                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:194)
                at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.add(SolrClient.java:106)
                at org.springframework.data.solr.core.SolrTemplate.lambda$saveBeans$3(SolrTemplate.java:227)
                at org.springframework.data.solr.core.SolrTemplate$$Lambda$649/753427667.doInSolr(Unknown Source)
                at org.springframework.data.solr.core.SolrTemplate.execute(SolrTemplate.java:167)

Regards
Ashish Athavale | Architect
ashish_athavale@persistent.com<ma...@persistent.com>| Cell: +91-9881137580| Tel: +91-02067034708
Persistent Systems Ltd. |  www.persistent.com<http://www.persistent.com>

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Exception while adding data in multiple threads

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I doubt multiple threads are the issue here. This looks  a lot more like you’re using SolrJ jars on the client that do not match the version running on Solr.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 7/18/2019 9:50 AM, Ashish Athavale wrote:
> I am getting below exception while adding data into solr. I am adding data concurrently in 20 threads, 100 documents in a batch per thread.
> Each documents contains 40 fields and all are indexed.
> This issue occurs only when I add in multi threads.
>
> Can you please help out here?
>
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException: Error from server at http://10.88.66.154:8983/solr: Invalid version (expected 2, but 95) or the data in not in 'javabin' format

This particular "Invalid version" error almost always means that Solr
returned an error response to the client, and that the body of the
response was formatted as plain text or HTML, rather than the binary
format that the client expected to see.  The client had no idea how to
handle it, so it threw the exception.

If the client-side exception does not have "Caused by" data that fully
shows the text of the error response, you may need to check the logfile
on the Solr server to see what error it was sending to the client.  That
information may help you or us figure out how to fix it.

Thanks,
Shawn