Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be> on 2005/04/16 03:10:17 UTC

Html design question

Hi,

I know it is slightly OT but I don't know any other people that work this much
in html as you do.

This is my problem:
I have 2 collumns.
Left: java script tree (can expand to the right as far as it needs space)
Right: content (all what is left MUSTbe filled)

I tried all sorts of possibilities:
- as tables (problem was that the left section didn't resize well (javascript
tree))
-as divs (left portion resizes correct , but right isn't correct.)

Now my question is... Is there a way to find the width of the left div?
For the right div I can set width= 100% - widthLeft;

Or is this to much work, and could be done easier...

Owjeah it must be supported in Firefox...

Greetz

--

Koen Segers

<ko...@scarlet.be>