Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 16:16:13 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Gora

Attachment AB: Report from the Apache Gora Project  [Lewis John McGibbney]

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory
data model and persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting
to column stores, key value stores, document stores and RDBMSs,
and analyzing the data with extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce
support.

## Issues:
there are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
Gora is participating in Google Summer of Code program again with two
projects namely; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-437 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-295 which provide new
datastores for CouchDB and dynamic support for Cache Providers using
JCache respectively. We are looking forward to a good summer.

## Health report:
unused. A number of bugs have been identified over in projects
which consume Gora and fixes have been posted to thw Gora Jira
and committed to master branch. We will be looking at releasing
0.7 fairly soon once the remaining bugs have been ironed out.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 21 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Furkan Kamaci on Wed Sep 16 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 21 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Furkan Kamaci at Mon Sep 14 2015

## Releases:

 - Last release was 0.6.1 on Mon Sep 14 2015

## Mailing list activity:
Always nice to see both our mailing lists growing in numbers.

 - dev@gora.apache.org:

 - user@gora.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

*Lewis*