Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/02/22 20:29:38 UTC

Hudson CI build for UIMA-SDK not quite working - how to debug?

Although it says "success" , in reviewing the console output I see it is failing
to acquire the Docbook "database" of links for cross referencing between books.

This shows up in the console as lines that look like:

[INFO] --- docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.11:generate-html (html) @ uima-docbook-overview-and-setup ---
[INFO] Processing input file: overview_and_setup.xml
Recoverable error
Failure reading file://export/home/hudson/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima/uima-docbook-olink/1-SNAPSHOT/docbook-olink/htmlsingle/site.xml: export
Recoverable error

The docbook build gets a specific zip file that has this in it, and unpacks it into the local ".m2" repo at the designated spot.

The error message is saying this file isn't there.

The console log shows the containing zip file isn't being unpacked because it's already unpacked.

The path to the repo seems right, because other console lines say that installs into the repo are going into

"/export/home/hudson/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima/ ... "

So, it seems everything is working as expected, except part of the messages say the zip is already unzipped, and another part of the console log is saying file is missing.

To debug further, is it possible to see the files in /export/home/hudson/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima/... ?  or is this repository deleted before every build run?

-Marshall

Re: Hudson CI build for UIMA-SDK not quite working - how to debug?

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
We have to ask for help on the builds mailing list.
You should also request an account for hudson Marshall,
I believe you have to open an INFRA issue in Jira for that.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 2/23/11 11:45 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> On 2/23/2011 5:39 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> An option would be to bind the build to the ubuntu build servers,
>> should we try that? Anyway it would be nice if the build could
>> run on all platforms.
> Right - Although the build still says "success" the docbook xrefs to other
> docbooks don't get done right, on this platform.  So I think it's better to see
> about fixing it ...

+1, sure we should fix it. The actual build server is chosen on
availability, as far
as I understand.

Jörn

Re: Hudson CI build for UIMA-SDK not quite working - how to debug?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Some further analysis: