Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2002/07/30 22:49:19 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hello World Benchmarks - Apache C API, HelloDB

Hey,

The Apache Hello World Benchmarks are updated at:

   http://chamas.com/bench/

They now include 2 C Apache API benchmarks which show the fastest
the benchmarks can run at, and how mod_perl is not much slower!

Also included is a new HelloDB benchmark which is a trivial
connection/query of a MySQL database.  Again, mod_perl should
make you proud, beating out the competition.  The bias in the
test is even a little slanted towards the JSP benchmarks since
the trivial connection pooling I used there is nothing like
the Apache::DBI overhead in the mod_perl test, when I could have
just used a persistent global $dbh instead. ( maybe I should? )

Regards,

Josh