Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2007/04/03 17:46:44 UTC

Re: Migration from 2.0 to 2.1

On Mar 28, 2007, at 1:50 PM, MikeCrosby wrote:

> I'm looking at developing a migration plan for a custom portal I've
> developed
> using JS2.0.  I'd like to migrate to 2.1 to take advantage of the
> desktop
> functionality.
>
> I've noticed that there are table changes that are necessary
> (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-migration.html).
> However, it does not define the two new tables:
> CUSTOM_PORTLET_MODE and
> CUSTOM_WINDOW_STATE.  Where can I find out about these table
> definitions?  I
> do not want to overwrite any existing data since the portal is
> currently
> live in production (I will be testing this out on a development
> server and
> database).  Will I need to seed these tables with any data?

The generic "XML: schema for these tables:

  <!--
        CustomPortletMode
     -->
         <column name="ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
         <column name="APPLICATION_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
         <column name="CUSTOM_NAME" required="true" size="150"
type="VARCHAR"/>
         <column name="MAPPED_NAME" size="150" type="VARCHAR"/>
         <column name="DESCRIPTION" type="LONGVARCHAR"/>
         <foreign-key foreignTable="PORTLET_APPLICATION"
name="FK_CUSTOM_PORTLET_MODE_1" onDelete="cascade">
             <reference foreign="APPLICATION_ID"
local="APPLICATION_ID"/>
         </foreign-key>

     <!--
        CustomWindowState
     -->
         <column name="ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
         <column name="APPLICATION_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
         <column name="CUSTOM_NAME" required="true" size="150"
type="VARCHAR"/>
         <column name="MAPPED_NAME" size="150" type="VARCHAR"/>
         <column name="DESCRIPTION" type="LONGVARCHAR"/>
         <foreign-key foreignTable="PORTLET_APPLICATION"
name="FK_CUSTOM_WINDOW_STATE_1" onDelete="cascade">
             <reference foreign="APPLICATION_ID"
local="APPLICATION_ID"/>
         </foreign-key>

after building, look in the target/portal-sql/${DBNAME}/ registry-
schema.sql.
Here is an example for MySQL

#
# CUSTOM_PORTLET_MODE
#
drop table if exists CUSTOM_PORTLET_MODE;

CREATE TABLE CUSTOM_PORTLET_MODE
(
     ID MEDIUMINT NOT NULL,
     APPLICATION_ID MEDIUMINT NOT NULL,
     CUSTOM_NAME VARCHAR(150) NOT NULL,
     MAPPED_NAME VARCHAR(150),
     DESCRIPTION MEDIUMTEXT,
     PRIMARY KEY(ID),
     FOREIGN KEY (APPLICATION_ID) REFERENCES PORTLET_APPLICATION
(APPLICATION_ID)
         ON DELETE CASCADE
   );

#
# CUSTOM_WINDOW_STATE
#
drop table if exists CUSTOM_WINDOW_STATE;

CREATE TABLE CUSTOM_WINDOW_STATE
(