Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Ricardo Anton <er...@telcomanager.com> on 2003/07/22 04:31:18 UTC

[users@httpd] How to protect a whole website, except specific directories

	I am using authentication to restrict access to a website. My problem
is that I want the whole website to be protected, except for one
specific directory. How can I accomplish this?

	When I set authorization for
<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs">, even the
"/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin" directory gets affected and authentication
is required.

	How can I specify that a directory mustn’t be authenticated?

	Thanks for any help.

	Eric