Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com> on 2005/09/01 23:28:48 UTC

disabledClass/enabledClass in h:select*

The JSF tagdoc mentions the attributes disabledClass and enabledClass
for all the h:select* component tags. I added the corresponding fields
to some of the html components yesterday as they were missing there.
disabledClass/enabledClass attributes are also missing in the TLD and
tag implementation which can be fixed easily.

The question I have is: how should the renderers deal with these
attributes? The Tagdoc says: "CSS style class to apply to the rendered
label on disabled/enabled options." The single reference to these
attributes in the spec document is in the preface on page 3: "The
enabledClass  and  disabledClass  attributes are now specified for all
select* renderers."

So the attributes are there, but what do we have to do if a value is
assigned to them?

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant

Re: disabledClass/enabledClass in h:select*

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
To answer my own question I checked the RI sources and if set the value
of disabledClass for disabled items and the value of enabledClass for
enabled items is rendered as the class attribute of the label tag
surrounding a select option.

So I'll implement it that way for our renderers, too.

Oliver