Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by karthikeyan <ka...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/03/20 13:30:26 UTC

Cocoon and database example

Hi,

  I want to create simple news posting script.  Just wondering which is
  the best way to go for this.

If i go with ESQL way what are the necessary jar to place in my lib
folder.  I just dont want to place lots of jar files for something which
i may not use for right now.

  If you can point my out some tutorial of cocoon working with database
  that would be great.  I saw the one which comes with cocoon but i want
  something BARE MINIMUM.

  Something like

  <XSQL>select * from news</XSQL>

  Now I presume that the above tag will return xml data, i need to use
  XSLT and produce the output.

  How should i go about this.

  Have a great day.

Karthikeyan.
--
  karthikeyan
  karthik_2000b@fastmail.fm

Re: Cocoon and database example

Posted by Stefan Klein <sk...@zipi.fi.upm.es>.
Have you had a look at the SQL-Transformer? That might be what you're
looking for. You're code would be something like:
        <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
          <query>
             select * from news
          </query>
        </execute-query>

This would get you XML that you can pass through XSL:

Have a look at:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sql-transformer.html

Can tell you though, which jars you'd need for that. You'd have to ask
something who knows more about cocoon than I do.

Stefan

Posted by Scherler <th...@wyona.org>.
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowTos
section database!

regards
Thorsten

p.s. there is a similar example of what you are planing to do in
"Cocoon: Building XML Application" from Ziegler and langham! ISBN have
to search this list for it:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2