Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by philmaker <ph...@philmaker.com> on 2001/07/12 00:52:03 UTC

Changing the Page Executor Extension

Have any of you had success *changing* the '*.jsp' servlet mapping to
something else?

I have tried to change it to a different extension using <servlet-mapping>
or I've tried adding a second mapping. Nothing that I try will allow Tomcat
to compile the file with an extension other than '.jsp'

Is there a way to tell Tomcat which file extensions ought to be
compiled/treated like actual JSP pages without having to recompile Tomcat?
My hosting provider probably won't let me do that.

Please advise if you have it in you,
Philip

Background: I want to have an entry servlet that intercepts every request to
the web application and then routes that request to a JSP page. When I do
this, I want to prevent the web user from guessing the file names on the
server. .jsp is a pretty easy guess. Besides, I want to have .jsp mapped to
my Entry servlet anyway. If all of the actual jsp pages on my server have
the extension 'page.ghfpi832', that would be pretty hard to guess.